Following to the UK referendum (Brexit) vote to leave the European Union and the subsequent uncertainty that this has caused, Osteopathic Educational Services has regrettably (at the present time) decided to suspend plans for our ‘5 year part-time osteopathic qualifying programme’ within the EU area.
We consider that this is the only responsible course of action, until the future academic and economic links between the UK and EU are clarified.
However, during this period of uncertainty we will continue in our effort to promote advanced osteopathic practice by offering the following innovative and exciting educational opportunities.
Our current educational provision is focused on the following 3 areas of education:
1. Providing an MSc conversion programme
We are still in an excellent position to conduct DO / BSc. conversion courses to MSc. level within the EU.
• These programmes will be run in partnership with the Nescot / Surrey Institute of Osteopathic Medicine and Kingston University in the UK.
• It is our intention to develop further links with local partners and national regulatory bodies in order to create bespoke courses for the specific needs of those countries.
2. Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Courses.
We can provide high level courses in advanced integrated osteopathic practice including both ‘direct’ & ‘indirect’ approaches, including:
• Clinical skills
• Advanced Manipulation Techniques
• Cranial & functional approaches
3.Exploring the original techniques of Dr A.T. Still
A series of ‘stand-alone’ courses exploring the original osteopathic techniques of Andrew Taylor Still and other early osteopaths.
These will include a historical perspective and techniques of:
• ‘Exaggeration of the lesion’ & ‘A.T. Still Techniques’
• Myofascial & Ligamentous approaches
— DanskeSkoleOsteopati (@DanskeOsteopati) April 2, 2014